Biotechnol Ind J, Volume: 12( 12)
Sports Injury and Its Medication
- Ashima Natta , Department of Biotechnology, Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal, India, Tel: +918981753309; E-Mail: [email protected]
Received: September 06, 2016; Accepted: September 24, 2016; Published: September 30, 2016
Citation: Ashima N. Sports Injury and Its Medication. Biotechnol Ind J. 2016;12(12):111.
A ‘sports injury’ can also be outlined as a damage that occurs during sports or recreation. This may also be broadened to include accidents affecting participation in sporting events and pastime and affecting athletes of all a while and all phases of efficiency. Patients who search clinical awareness at sporting events injury clinics signify the spectrum from prime reputable to recreational athletes. Even though doctors can identify the mechanism of a damage and its pathoanatomical correlate or prognosis, its consequences may be very exclusive for one of a kind athlete. In case anyone is an official participant, there is also loss of earnings and the danger of shedding his contract and even his profession. In case of a club manager, it's going to mean dropping an important participant, probably at a relevant time, and the monetary expenditures of a substitute participant. The stakes are high. If a player goes back too early, they danger relapse or extra harm but when they are held again, they would ask for a second opinion. So, it is very essential to take prevention from the earlier or after getting injured so that the injury cannot spoil a sportsman’s life. In this article, brief information is given about the most injury-prone sports, types of sports injury and preventions.
Sports injury; Injury-prone sports; Sports medicine; First-aid box
In recent years, growing numbers of men and women of all a very long time had been heeding their health experts’ recommendation to get lively for the entire wellbeing advantages activity has to present. However, for some people—most likely men and women who overdo or who don’t safely teach or heat up—these advantages can come at a cost: Sports Injury . Sports Injury refers to the kinds of accidents that the majority most likely arise in the course of sporting events or project. Some sporting events accidents outcome from accidents; others are as a consequence of horrible teaching practices, unsuitable apparatus, lack of conditioning, or inadequate heat-up and stretching .
There are about 30 million teens and youngsters that participate in some style of geared up recreation. About three million avoid exercises opponents 14 years of age and below talents exercises accidents every year, which factors some lack of time of participation inside the game . The leading intent of demise involving physical games-associated injuries, youngsters that rare, is mind accidents. When injured the 2 predominant ways affected are the anxious and vascular procedure. The origins inside the physique the place numbness and tingling occurs upon workout routines accidents are as a rule the principal symptoms of the body telling you that the physique used to be impacted . Accordingly, when an athlete complains of numbness and specially tingling, the major component to a prognosis is to receive a precise historical past of the athlete’s acquired symptom idea, determine the influence the damage had on the physique and its systems, after which established the excessive treatment system . Within the approach to examine what precisely came about within the physique and the standing effect most clinical gurus select a strategy of technological scientific contraptions to accumulate a reliable option to the online web page of damage. In every player’s life, he/she must have suffered injury at least once in a life. Some were minor, some were serious which ruins career, and some were fatal. Some famous sportsman like: Michael Schumacher is still fighting in coma, Phil Hughes death while playing Cricket was tragic one .
Some Sports Associated with High Risks of Injury
Refers to the advantage of utilizing, riding, steeple chasing or vaulting with horses, this huge description entails the usage of horses for sensible working purposes, transportation, leisure activities, ingenious or cultural endeavor routines, and aggressive game .
Bull riding is a rodeo game that involves a rider getting on a bull and trying to remain mounted at the same time the animal attempts to buck off the rider .
Gymnastics is an activity involving the performance of workout routines requiring force, flexibility, steadiness, agility, patience and manipulate .
Football is a family of group sporting events that involve, to various degrees, kicking a ball with the foot to score a purpose .
Hockey is a family of sports in which two teams play against each other by trying to intrigue a ball or a puck into the opponent's goal using a hockey stick .
Boxing is a martial artwork and combat activity in which two people carrying protecting gloves throw punches at each different for a predetermined set of time in a boxing ring .
Wrestling is a fight recreation involving grappling variety approaches much like clinch combating, throws and takedowns, joint locks, pins and unique grappling holds .
Rugby is a type of soccer developed at Rugby school in Rugby, Warwickshire, one of many types of football performed at English public colleges within the nineteenth century . The 2 major types of rugby are rugby league and rugby union. Despite the fact that rugby league firstly used rugby union principles, they're now wholly separate sporting events .
Motocross is a type of off-street bike racing held on enclosed off-avenue circuits. The sport developed from motorbike trials competitions held in the UK . Though Cricket is not considered as a high injurious sport, still Cricketers suffer from several injuries like: upper limb injuries (shoulder, elbow, hand), lower limb injuries (knee, foot/ankle), back injuries .
Traumatic injuries can be classified as following:
A bruise, or contusion, is a type of hematoma of tissue where capillaries and often venules are broken by means of trauma, permitting blood to seep, hemorrhage, or extravasate into the surrounding interstitial tissues. Bruises, which do not blanch under stress, can contain capillaries at the degree of skin, subcutaneous tissue, muscle, or bone [18-20].
A strain is a harm to a muscle where the muscle fibres tear hence of overstretching. A strain is also colloquially referred to as a pulled muscle or torn muscle. The similar damage to a ligament is a sprain [21-22].
mostly referred to as a torn ligament, is injury to a number of ligaments in a joint, by and large brought on via trauma or the joint being taken prior its valuable sort of motion. The severity of sprain tiers from a minor damage which resolves in a few days to a predominant rupture of a number of ligaments requiring surgical fixation and an interval of immobilisation. Sprains can come up in any joint nevertheless are most common in the ankle and wrist [23-26].
A wound is a kind of damage which occurs rather quickly the location dermis is torn, curb, or punctured (an open wound), or the vicinity blunt force trauma explanations a contusion (a closed wound). In pathology, it exceptionally refers to a pointy damage which damages the dermis of the epidermis [27-29].
Bone fracture is a scientific main issue wherein there may be a harm throughout the continuity of the bone. A bone fracture will also be the end result of excessive pressure influence or stress, or a minimal trauma injury hence of specified medical stipulations that weaken the bones, similar to osteoporosis, bone melanoma, or osteogenesis imperfecta, the position the fracture is then adequately termed a pathologic fracture [30-33].
Any injury that results in trauma to the cranium or mind will also be categorised as a head injury. The phrases worrying mind harm and head injury are in most cases used interchangeably within the scientific literature. This extensive classification includes neuronal injuries, hemorrhages, vascular accidents, cranial nerve accidents, and subdural hygromas, among many others [34,35].
Spinal cord injury
A Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) is injury to the spinal cord that explanations changes in its function, either transitority or everlasting. These alterations translate into lack of muscle function, sensation, or autonomic operate in elements of the body served via the spinal cord beneath the extent of the lesion. Injuries can arise at any stage of the spinal wire and may also be classified as entire injury, a complete lack of sensation and muscle operate, or incomplete, meaning some worried signals are competent to travel earlier the injured subject of the cord [36-39].
A cramp is a surprising, involuntary muscle contraction or over-shortening; whilst undoubtedly temporary and non-dangerous, they can also be equipped to purpose slight-to-excruciating agony, and a paralysis-like immobility of the affected muscle(s). Onset is most of the time stunning, and it resolves on its possess over an interval of a few seconds, minutes, or hours. Cramps would come up in a skeletal muscle or delicate muscle. Skeletal muscle cramps might also be precipitated via muscle fatigue or a shortage of electrolytes (e.g., low sodium, low potassium, or low magnesium, despite the fact that the proof has been blended). Cramps of delicate muscle is also therefore of menstruation or gastroenteritis [40-42].
A Dislocation is a harm to a joint — a location the predicament two or extra of your bones come together — the place the ends of your bones are compelled from their normal positions. This painful damage briefly deforms and immobilizes your joint. Dislocation is most natural within the shoulders and fingers. Excellent web sites for dislocations include the elbows, knees and hips [43-46].
Overuse and repetitive stress injury problems associated with sports include:
Chondromalacia patellae (also known as CMP) is inflammation of the underside of the patella and softening of the cartilage .
Tennis elbow or lateral epicondylitis is a situation in which the outer part of the elbow turns into sore and delicate. The forearm muscle groups and tendons grow to be broken from overuse — repeating Tennis elbow: Tennis elbow or lateral epicondylitis is a hindrance the place the outer part of the elbow turns into sore and delicate. The forearm muscle groups and tendons increase to be damaged from overuse — repeating the equal strenuous motions over and over. This outcome in suffering and tenderness on the outside of the elbow [48-50].
Tendinosis, often called continuous tendinitis, continuous tendinopathy, or continuous tendon damage, is harm to a tendon at a cell stage (the suffix "osis" implies a pathology of continuous degeneration without infection). It may be suggestion to be triggered with the aid of microtears within the connective tissue in and throughout the tendon, major to a develop in tendon restore cells. This will probably increasingly outcome in lowered tensile force, for this reason developing the hazard of tendon rupture [51-54].
Prevention helps scale down abilities exercise accidents and provides a quantity of benefits. Some benefits incorporate a more healthful athlete, longer interval of participation within the recreation, potential for better effectivity, and diminished scientific expenditures. Explaining the benefits to take part in physical games harm prevention purposes to coaches, personnel trainers, physical games companies, and person athletes will provide them a glimpse on the probability for fulfillment by way of having the athletes feeling they're healthful, mighty, secure, and equipped to compete .
Primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention
Prevention may also be damaged up into three significant lessons of predominant, secondary, and tertiary prevention. Predominant prevention entails the avoidance of harm. An illustration is ankle braces being worn as a gaggle, even these and not utilizing a historical past of previous ankle accidents. If primary prevention pursuits had been mighty, there could be a lesser hazard of accidents taking position inside the main situation. Secondary prevention includes an early analysis and cure will ought to be obtained as quickly as a damage has taken role. The cause of acquiring early prognosis is to ensure that the damage is receiving suitable care and getting higher without problems, for that reason limiting the task for different clinical issues to stem from the preliminary demanding event. In the end, tertiary prevention is exclusively fascinated about the rehabilitation to cut down and proper a present incapacity because of the anxious party. An illustration inside the case of an athlete who has purchased an ankle injury the rehabilitation would encompass steadiness endeavor routines to gather the drive and mobility once more as excellent as carrying an ankle brace, even as step by step returning to the game [56-60].
It's most predominant to establish participation in warm-ups, stretching, and workout routines that goal main muscular tissues most of the time used within the recreation of interest. Participation in these hobbies decreases the probabilities for getting muscle cramps, torn muscles, and stress fractures. A season analysis is doubtless one of the worthiest experiences for stopping participant activity injuries. A season analysis is a try to examine dangers prior than they arise by means of reviewing teaching strategies, the opponents agenda, journeying, and prior accidents. If accidents have taken difficulty in the past, the season analysis reports the harm and seems for patterns to seem if it usually is regarding an exact training get together or competitors utility. For instance, a stress fracture injury on a soccer group or go nation staff may also be correlated to a simultaneous expand in walking and a change in going for walks environment, like a transition from a tender to complex going for walks ground. A season evaluation will also be documented as employees-established effect or character athlete end result. Other key application pursuits that have been correlated to break incidences are adjustments in instructing style, alterations in nearby climate areas, decision for having enjoyable with time in predominant suits, and unhealthy sleep as a consequence of tight chaotic scheduling. It is important for employees’ utility administrators and staff to implicate trying out to be ready to make special healthful, aggressive, and positive athletes for his or her upcoming season [61-66].
a further valuable evaluation for stopping participant activity accidents is preseason screenings. To organize an athlete for the huge range of movements favored to partake of their pastime pre-participation examinations are extra more usually entire on thousands of hundreds of athletes each and every 12 months. It's greatly primary that the bodily examination is entire utterly with the intention to preclude the risks of injury and likewise to diagnose early onsets of a doable damage. Preseason screenings include trying out the mobility of joints (Ankles, wrists, hips, and so on.), trying out the soundness of joints (knees, neck, and many others.), making an attempt out the drive and energy of muscle mass, and in addition attempting out respiratory patterns. The objective of a preseason screening is to clear the athlete for participation and confirm that there is no sign of damage or disorder, which could signify the abilities scientific threat to the athlete (and hazard of approved accountability to the sports staff). Apart from the bodily examination and the fluidity of the actions of joints the preseason screenings mainly takes under consideration a meals regimen section as good. It can be major to retain original iron stages, blood pressure phases, fluid balance, enough whole vigour consumption, and traditional glycogen phases. Weight loss plan can help in injury prevention and rehabilitation, if one obtains the physique's everyday consumption desires. Acquiring plentiful style of energy, carbohydrates, fluids, protein, and nutrition and minerals and minerals is predominant for the complete wellbeing of the athlete and bounds the hazard of feasible accidents. Iron deficiency, for illustration, is placed in each feminine and male athlete; then again 60 percent of feminine tuition athletes are affected by iron deficiency. There are a lot of explanations that may make a contribution to the loss in iron, like menstruation, gastrointestinal bleeding, inadequate iron consumption from the weight loss program, typical fatigue, weakness, amongst others. The penalties of iron deficiency, if no longer solved, may also be an impaired athletic effectivity and a decline in immune and cognitive perform [67-70].
Functional movement screen
One system used within the system of preseason screening is the useful motion divulge (FMS). Clever action screening is an analysis used to verify motion patterns and asymmetries, which will provide proposal into mechanical restrictions and capabilities risk for harm. Wise motion screening comprises seven foremost motion patterns that require a balance of every mobility and steadiness. These principal movement patterns furnish an observable effectivity of normal locomotor, manipulative, and stabilizing actions. The assessments position the personality athlete in extreme positions the location weaknesses and imbalances grow to be clear if compatible steadiness and mobility isn't functioning quite simply. The seven major movement patterns are a deep squat, hurdle step, in-line lunge, shoulder mobility, energetic straight-leg increase, trunk stability push-up, and rotary stability. For instance, the deep squat is a scan that challenges complete physique mechanics. It is used to gauge bilateral, symmetrical, and wise mobility of the hips, knees, and ankles. The potential to take part in the deep squat approach requires suitable pelvic rhythm, closed-kinetic chain dorsiflexion of the ankles, flexion of the knees and hips, extension of the thoracic backbone, as well as flexion and abduction of the shoulders. There is a scoring method utilized to every movement as follows a ranking of three is given to the athlete in the event that they might even be competent to participate in the movement without any compensations, a ranking of two is given to the athlete within the event that they might also be equipped to participate inside the action, but operate on poor mechanics and compensatory patterns to attain the action, a ranking of 1 is given to the athlete in the occasion that they can't take part within the action pattern even with compensations, and eventually, a 0 is given to the athlete if one has agony throughout any a part of the movement or scan. Three of the seven predominant tests together with shoulder mobility, trunk steadiness push-up, and rotary steadiness have a clearance scoring associated with them because of this that a go or fail rating. If the athlete fails, this part of the scan a ranking of zero is given because of the complete rating. As soon as the scoring is entire the athlete and wellbeing care respectable can overview the documentation together and arrange a group prevention application to help cause and enhance the areas of prone point so that the player simply could restrict the hazards of potential accidents [71-73].
The following tips can help to avoid Sport Injury:
• Prevent bending knees prior ninety degrees when doing half knee bends.
• Hinder twisting knees by way of utilizing preserving toes as flat as possible for the duration of stretches.
• When leaping, land at the side of your knees bent.
• Do heat-up workouts no longer just earlier than full of life hobbies like jogging, however in addition previous than much less vigorous ones similar to golf.
• Don’t overdo.
• Do warmness-up stretches previous than undertaking. Stretch the Achilles tendon, hamstring, and quadriceps areas and preserve the positions. Don’t jump.
• Settle down following vigorous sporting activities. For illustration, after a race, stroll or walk/jog for 5 minutes so your pulse comes down progressively.
• Put on safely becoming sneakers that provide shock absorption and steadiness.
• Use the softest recreation flooring readily available, and avert jogging on difficult surfaces like asphalt and concrete. Run on flat surfaces. Going for walks uphill could broaden the stress on the Achilles tendon and the leg itself [74-76].
Some organization associated with sports injuries treatment:
• American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) based in 1954, the American institution of physical activities medicine is the principal and most exotic sporting activities remedy and exercise science institution on the planet. ACSM has higher than 45000 worldwide, nation broad and Regional Chapter individuals.
• American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) The American Orthopaedic Society for sporting activities medicine is an international chief in exercises remedy schooling, be trained, verbal exchange, and fellowship. Headquartered in 1972, AOSSM is an international institution of orthopaedic surgeons and other allied wellness experts dedicated to sports medicine. Quite often each legitimate and collegiate workforce has a staff general practitioner who's a member of the AOSSM.
• American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM) headquartered in 1991, AMSSM is a multi-disciplinary team of physicians whose contributors are committed to education, study, collaboration and fellowship within the subject of workouts treatment. It now includes over 2100 sporting events medicine Physicians whose intention is to furnish a hyperlink between the swiftly expanding core of knowledge concerning exercises alleviation and its utility to sufferers in a scientific surroundings.
• National Athletic Trainers' Association(NATA) established in 1950, the mission of the nation broad Athletic Trainers organization is to increase the excellent of wellness care furnished by way of using licensed athletic trainers and to lift the athletic coaching occupation.
• Canadian Athletic Therapists' Association(CATA) established in 1965. The Canadian Athletic Therapists association (CATA) is a crew dedicated to the excellent wellbeing care of an individual at any stage of physical talents through licensed Athletic Therapists.
• American Medical Association(AMA) The American scientific association famous Athletic coaching(AT) as an allied health occupation in 1990.
• International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Sports Medicine (ISAKOS) The ISAKOS - International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine is a worldwide society with over 4,000 surgeons’ individuals, committed to advancing of education, study and sufferer care in arthroscopy, knee surgery and orthopaedic exercises treatment world broad.
• International Association for Dance Medicine and Science (IADMS) The International Association for Dance Medicine & Science used to be fashioned in 1990 via a worldwide crew of dance treatment practitioners, dance educators, dance scientists, and dancers. Membership is drawn equally from the scientific and dance professions, and has grown from a preliminary 48 individuals in 1991 to over 900 members at gift world-large, representing 35 international locations .
Sports Medicine, also known as Sports Exercise Medicine (SEM), is a division of alleviation that offers with bodily health and the alleviation and prevention of injuries concerning exercises and undertaking. Even though most exercises organizations have employed crew physicians for a long time, it's handiest since the late 20th century that workout routines alleviation has emerged as a unique self-control of wellness care .
undertaking and recreation relief clinical gurus are informed physicians who've completed medical institution, proper residency teaching after which specialize further in workouts therapy or 'physical games and endeavor cure' (the popular time period). Specialization in workout routines medicine could also be a healthcare professional's first powerful factor (as in Australia, Netherlands, Norway, Italy). It can be a sub-distinctiveness or 2nd specialisation following a specialisation identical to physiatry or orthopedic surgical procedure. The quite a number of approaches replicate the scientific tradition in specific international locations.
Specializing in the relief of athletes and specific bodily animated participants, workout routines and exercise alleviation physicians have wide education in musculoskeletal treatment. SEM scientific authorities deal with accidents paying homage to muscle, ligament, tendon and bone problems, nevertheless could moreover handle energy illnesses that may have an effect on bodily effectivity, related to bronchial bronchial asthma and diabetes. SEM medical professionals moreover propose on managing and preventing accidents .
Experts in SEM diagnose and handle any clinical stipulations which original exercisers or sporting activities guys and women come across. Virtually all of a SEM physicians' time is consequently spent treating musculoskeletal accidents, nonetheless extraordinary stipulations comprise exercises cardiology problems, unexplained underperformance syndrome, endeavor-induced bronchial bronchial asthma, screening for cardiac abnormalities and diabetes in workout routines. Furthermore, employee’s physicians working in elite exercises more commonly play a role in effectivity alleviation, whereby an athletes' physiology is monitored, and aberrations corrected, so that you simply would reap top physical effectivity.
SEM consultants additionally give scientific bodily undertaking interventions, negating the burden of ailment immediately precipitated by way of bodily state of being inactive and the compelling proof for the effectiveness of endeavor within the important, secondary and tertiary prevention of sickness.
The Foresight record issued by way of the government vicinity of labor for Science, 17 October 2007, highlighted the unsustainable wellbeing and financial costs of a nation that remains to be usually sedentary. It forecasts that the incremental costs of this state of being inactive is in most cases $10 billion per three hundred and 65 days with the help of 2050 and the wider bills to society and companies $49.9 billion. Bodily state of being inactive inevitably leads too in terrible wellness-health and it forecasts the rate of discovering out to buy this have an impact on will mainly be unsustainable eventually. No reward crew of medical authorities is ready with the talents and training to hold this assignment.
The inspiration of assignment as wellbeing gadget or pastime is alleviation is fitting more and more essential. SEM physicians are prepared to verify scientific sufferers’ co-morbidities, perform undertaking attempting out and furnish an undertaking prescription, along with a motivational programme and exercise classes .
SEM physicians are most generally involved in selling the therapeutic advantages of bodily challenge, recreation and exercise for the individuals and communities. SEM Physicians within the UK spend an interval of their coaching in public health, and advocate public wellbeing physicians on concerns in the case of bodily exercise promoting. An illustration of released work entails the Royal university of Physicians publications.
In any coaches’ first aid kit, there are 10 predominant items:
• Adhesive bandages to quilt minor cuts, scrapes, and abrasions. These preclude the unfold of blood and scale down the chance of illness with the aid of retaining the wound clean.
• Antiseptic wipes to clean minor wounds and avoid illness.
• Elastic exercises wraps to provide steadiness to weak ligaments and muscular tissues and to aid hinder damage.
• Disposable instantaneous ice packs to provide instantaneous relief for injuries involving swelling. Providing quick cooling energy reduces bruising and swelling and can support athletes heal turbo.
• Delicate gauze bandages to soak up fluids and canopy wounds.
• First help tape to relaxed the gauze and hinder contamination by means of enabling the wound to be exposed.
• Antibiotic ointment to scale down contamination and speed cure for minor cuts, scrapes, and abrasions.
• Sterile surgical gloves to defend those attending to an injured athlete from the unfold of contamination.
• Scientific scissors to cut gauze, tape, and bandages to the proper dimension for the injury.
Sports injuries are typically induced by means of overuse, direct have an effect on, or the application of drive that is bigger than the body part can structurally stand up to. It is important to see a doctor, as leaving an injury untreated can have far more severe. Treatment is dependent upon the form and severity of the harm. Constantly contact your physician if agony persists after a few days. Physiotherapy can aid to rehabilitate the injured web site and, relying on the harm, may just comprise workouts to advertise strength and flexibility. Returning to recreation after injury is determined by medical professional’s or physiotherapist’s evaluation. Seeking to play before the injury is properly healed will best motive extra injury and lengthen recuperation. The most important single chance aspect for delicate tissue damage is an earlier harm. Whilst the injury heals, that one may maintain health by means of determining types of endeavor that don’t involve that part of your body, if possible. Sports injury is not fatal if it is treated earlier. The best thing one player can do is take prevention and play as he like. Injury generally don’t spoil any sportsman’s career if it is taken care from earlier.
- Carruthers J. Nutritional Practices, Interventions and Recommendations for Junior Rugby League Players. Sports NutrTher. 2016;1:110.
- O?Brien CP, Watson A. Deep OscillationTherapy in the Treatment of Lateral Epicondylalgia: A Pilot Randomized Control Trial. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2016;6:180.
- Levengood GA. Arthroscopic-Assisted Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using Hamstring Autograft Augmented with a Dehydrated Human Amnion/Chorion Membrane Allograft: A Retrospective Case Report. Orthop Muscular Syst. 2016;5:213.
- Christopher R, Hood JR, E Samuel D. Hematogenous Osteomyelitis in an Adult: From Axilla to Metatarsal-A Case Report. Clin Res Foot Ankle. 2016;4:185.
- Halpern B, Chaudhury S, Nguyen J, et al. Clinical and Magnetic Resonance Imaging Outcomes Following Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment for Elbow Tendinosis. J Arthritis. 2015;4:182.
- Sànchez-Ibàñez JM,Fernández ME, Monllau JC, et al. New Treatments for Degenerative Tendinopathy, focused on the Region-Specific of the Tendon. Rheumatology (Sunnyvale). 2015;5:173.
- Sumchai AP. The Human Spine is like a Precious Strand of Pearls. J Women?s Health Care. 2015;4:258.
- Paige MD, Christopher SL. DGene Doping: The Undetectable Performance-Enhancing Drug? J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2015;5:162.
- Iwao-Koizumi K, Ota T, Hayashida M,et al. TheACTN3Gene is a Potential Biomarker for the Risk of Non-Contact Sports Injury in Female Athletes. J MolBiomarkDiagn. 2013;S6:002.
- Day J, Wengreen H, Heath E, et al. Prevalence of Low Energy Availability in Collegiate Female Runners and Implementation of Nutrition Education Intervention. Sports NutrTher. 2015;1:101.
- Flatt JP. Use and storage of carbohydrate and fat. Am J ClinNutr. 1995;61:952S-9S.
- Sumchai AP. Chronic Low Back Pain - The Exercise Prescription. J Nov Physiother. 2015;5:239.
- Axe JM,Paull JO, Vlad S, et al. Does Insurance Type, Private Versus Public, Have a Correlation with MRSA Carrier Status in a Population Undergoing Orthopedic Surgery? J Infect Dis Ther. 2014;2:164.
- Wijck K. NASID in Sports Medicine: A Plea for More Considerate Use. J Nov Physiother. 2014;4:e134.
- Kyritsis P, Witvrouw E. Return to Sport after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A Literature Review. J Nov Physiother. 2014;4:193.
- Gabbett TJ. Physiological characteristics of junior and senior rugby league players. Br J Sports Med. 2002;36: 334-339.
- Blank C, Riedler C, Schobersberger W. Academic Education in Health Tourism?Knowledge about and Willingness for Academic Training within the Field of Health Tourism: A Cross-Country Evaluation within the German-Speaking Alpine Area. J Tourism Hospit. 2013;2:109.
- Takada H. Stabilometry in Sports Medicine & Doping Studies. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2013;3:e129.
- Kumar SP, Kumar A, Sisodia V. Clinical Reasoning and Sports Medicine-Application of Hypothetico-Deductive Model. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2013;3:e128.
- Kumar SP, Kumar A. Doping Sciences: A Reflection upon Performance in Sports Medicine. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2012;2:e126.
- Kumar SP, Kumar A. Sports Medicine: Issues, Challenges, Controversies, Opportunities and Responsibilities. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2012;2:e119.
- Proulx CM. Wound Management with Physical Modalities in Sports Medicine. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2012;2:e112.
- Keeley DW. Sports Medicine and Applied Sport Science: Can we truly Bridge the Gap? J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2012;2:e104.
- Dizon JMR. Evidence Based Practice in Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation: Easy, Pragmatic or Nonsense? J Sport Medic Doping Studie. 2012;1:e101.
- Momeni K, Faghri PD. Aging and Muscle Activity Patterns during Cycling. Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2015;3:307.
- Rishiraj N. Inactivity: A Bad ?Habit? Costing Our Productive Lifestyle. Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2013;1:121.
- Sanchez-Ibañez JM, Colmena C, Benabent J, et al. New Technique in Tendon Sport Recovery. Percutaneous Electrolysis Intratissue (EPI). Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2013;1:113.
- Tooley E,Bitcon M, Briggs MA, et al. Estimates of energy intake and expenditure in professional rugby league players. Int J Sports Sci Coach 2015;10:551-60.
- Weerasekara I,Kumari I, Weerarathna N, et al. The Prevalence of Hamstring Tightness among the Male Athletes of University of Peradeniya in 2010. J Palliative Care Med. 2013;1:108.
- Koushkie M. Athletes and Recovery Techniques. J Nov Physiother. 2011;1:e101.
- Francisco CL,Anell OM, Tomas LRL, et al. Arthroscopic Meniscal Transplantation Technique. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2011;6:171.
- Poltawski L, Watson T. Measuring clinically important change with the Patient-rated Tennis Elbow Evaluation. J Hand Ther. 2011;16: 52-7.
- Seppi S,Vecchi S, Agnetti S, et al. Multilevel Injury from High-energy Trauma in Sports: Case Report. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2015;6:172.
- Hayashida H, Shimura M, Sugama K, et al. Effects of the Menstrual Cycle and Acute Aerobic Exercise on Cytokine Levels. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2015;6:173.
- Dorota SE, Derman W, McKune AJ, et al. Anti-Doping Knowledge and Opinions of South African Pharmacists and General Practitioner. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2016;6:181.
- Cyriax JH.The pathology and treatment of tennis elbow. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1936;4: 921-40.
- Gasbarro V,Bartoletti R, Tsolaki E, et al. Role of Hivamat (Deep Oscillation®) in the treatment for the lymphedema of the limbs. Eur J Lymphol. 2006;6:13-5.
- Gamada K, Kubota S. The Mechanism of Non-contact Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury in Female Athletes: Is the Injury Mechanism Different between the Genders? Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2014;2:246.
- Gabbett TJ. Science of rugby league football: A review. J Sports Sci. 2005;23:961-76.
- Gabbett TJ. Physiological and anthropometric characteristics of amateur rugby league players. Br J Sports Med. 2000;34:303-307.
- Meir R,Newton RU, Curtis E, et al. Physical fitness qualities of professional rugby league football players: determination of positional differences. J Strength Cond Res. 2001;15:450-8.
- Dorrell HF, Gee TI, Middleton G. An Update on Effects of Creatine Supplementation on Performance: A Review. Sports NutrTher. 2016;1:107.
- Gabbett TJ, Stein JG, Kemp JG, et al. Relationship between tests of physical qualities and physical match performance in elite rugby league players. J Strength Cond Res. 2013;27:1539-45.
- Reilly T, Williams AM, Nevill AM, et al. A multidisciplinary approach to talent identification in soccer. J Sports Sci. 2000;18:695-702.
- Palmer W,Crichlow A, Mansingh A. Return to Sports and Functional Outcome after Primary Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in Jamaica. Sports NutrTher. 2016;1:109.
- Sanctuary CE, Meir RA. The seven step approach to the application of sport science in English professional rugby league: practical considerations in strength and conditioning. Int J Sports Sci Coach. 2012;7:33-45.
- Slater G, Phillips SM. Nutrition guidelines for strength sports: Sprinting, weightlifting, throwing events, and bodybuilding. J Sports Sci. 2011;29:67-77.
- Cole CR, Salvaterra GF, Davis JR, et al. Evaluation of dietary practices of National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I football players. JStrengthConditionRes. 2005;19:490-4.
- Logan-Sprenger HM, Logan SL. Acute Dose of Beet Root Juice Does Not Improve Endurance Performance in Elite Triathletes. Sports NutrTher. 2016;1:108.
- Light R.Ordinary working mentransformed into giants on the rugby field: Individual and Collective Memory in Oral Histories of Rugby League. Int J Hist Sport. 2013;30:65-82.
- Fernández Truan JC. Augmentative Communicative Systems in Physical Education for Students with Special Educational Needs. Sports NutrTher. 2016;1:e101.
- Drewnowski A, Darmon N. The economics of obesity: dietary energy density and energy cost. Am J ClinNutr. 2005;82:265S-73S.
- Osgnach C,Poser S, Bernardini R, et al. Energy cost and metabolic power in elite soccer: a new match analysis approach. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2010;42:170-8.
- Coutts A, Reaburn P, Abt G. Heart rate, blood lactate concentration and estimated energy expenditure in a semi-professional rugby league team during a match: a case study. J Sports Sci. 2003;21:97-103.
- Kempton T, Sirotic AC, Rampinini E, et al. Metabolic power demands of rugby league match play. Int J Sports Physiol Perform. 2015;10:23-8.
- Brenner JS. Overuse injuries, overtraining, and burnout in child and adolescent athletes. Pediatrics. 2007;119:1242-5.
- Bonfanti N, Jimenez-Saiz SL. Nutritional Recommendations for Sport Team Athletes. Sports NutrTher. 2016;1:e102.
- Brooks JH,Fuller CW,Kemp SPT, et al. An assessment of training volume in professional rugby union and its impact on the incidence, severity, and nature of match and training injuries. JSports Sci. 2008;26:863-73.
- Field A,Sonneville KR, Crosby RD, et al. Prospective associations of concerns about physique and the development of obesity, binge drinking, and drug use among adolescent boys and young adult men. J Am Med Assoc. 2014;168:34-9.
- Holway FE, Spriet LL. Sport-specific nutrition: Practical strategies for team sports. J Sports Sci. 2011;29:115-25.
- Tipton KD. Nutrition for the sprinter. J Sport Sci 2007;25:5-15.
- Phillips SM,Hartman JW, Wilkinson SB. Dietary protein to support anabolism with resistance exercise in young men. J Am CollNutr. 2005;24:134-9.
- Balsom PD,Wood K, Olsson P, et al. Carbohydrate intake and multiple sprint sports: with special reference to football (soccer). Int J Sports Med. 1999;20:48-52.
- Spector R. Vitamin Transport Diseases of Brain: Focus on Folates, Thiamine and Riboflavin. Brain DisordTher. 2014;3:120.
- Mujika I, Burke LM.Nutrition in team sports. Annals NutrMetabol. 2010;57:26-35.
- Eriksson BO, Gollnick PD, Saltin B. Muscle metabolism and enzyme activities after training in boys 11-13 years old. ActaPhysiolScandin. 1973;87:485-97.
- Eriksson BO,Karlsson J, Saltin B. Muscle metabolites during exercise in pubertal boys. ActaPaediatrScandi. 1971;217:154-7.
- Indranil M, Khanna GL. Supplementary Effect of Creatine on Cardiovascular Adaptation and Endurance Performance in Athletes. Sports NutrTher. 2016;1:106.
- Boisseau N, Delamarche P.Metabolic and hormonal responses to exercise in children and adolescents. Sports Med. 2000;30:405-22.
- Hanks LJ, Stalvey MS, Casazza K. Resistance Exercise Combined with Growth Hormone Augments Growth Parameters in a Male Adolescent with Cystic Fibrosis. Sports NutrTher. 2015;1:102.
- Smith GI, Atherton P, Reeds DN, et al. Dietary omega-3 fatty acid supplementation increases the rate of muscle protein synthesis in older adults: a randomized controlled trial. Am J ClinNutr. 2011;93:402-12.
- Dorgan JF, Judd JT,Longcope C, et al. Effects of dietary fat and fiber on plasma and urine androgens and estrogens in men: a controlled feeding study. Am J ClinNutr. 1996;64:850-5.
- Imamura H,Iide K, Yoshimura Y, et al. Nutrient intake, serum lipids and iron status of collegiate rugby players. J IntSoc Sports Nutr. 2013;10:1-9.
- Wharton BA. Iron deficiency in children: detection and prevention. Br J Haematol. 1999;106:270-80.
- Booth MA, Orr R. Anthropometric and Biochemical Effects of the 5 and 2 Diet: A Case Study. Sports NutrTher. 2016;1:103.
- Peeling P.Exercise as a mediator of hepcidin activity in athletes. Eur J ApplPhysiol; 2010;110:877-83.
- Kini U, Nandeesh BN. Physiology of bone formation, remodeling, and metabolism. In: Fogelman I, Gnanasegaran G, Wall H, editors. Radionuclide and hybrid bone imaging, Berlin: Springer, Germany; 2002. p. 29-57.
- Meyer F. Nutrition for the young athlete. J Sports Sci. 2007;1:73-82.
- Harrison AP, Bartels EM. A Comparison of Ancient Greek and Roman Sports Diets with Modern Day Practices. Sports NutrTher. 2016;1:104.
- Bell W. Body size and shape: A longitudinal investigation of active and sedentary boys during adolescence. J Sports Sci. 1993;11:127-38.
- Webb AR, Kift R, Durkin MT, et al. The role of sunlight exposure in determining the vitamin D status of the U.K. white adult population. Br J Dermatol. 2010;163:1050-5.
- Pasqua LA, Damasceno MV, Bueno S, et al. Association between Ventilatory Thresholds Related to Aerobic Fitness and MCT1 A1470T Polymorphism. Sports NutrTher. 2016;1:105.