Res Rev Biosci, Volume: 10( 13)
Innovative Approaches in the field of Cardiology
- Arun Kumar R , Department of Biochemistry, GITAM University, AP, India, Tel: +919948751988; E-mail: [email protected]
Received: November 12, 2016; Accepted: November 24, 2016; Published: December 02, 2016
Citation: Arun Kumar R, Kavya Manaswini R, Anitha Sri S. Innovative Approaches in the field of Cardiology. Res Rev Biosci. 2016;11(3)-109.
Heart: The vital organ of humans and other animals, pumps blood and distributes to whole body through blood vessels. The study dealing with the functioning of Heart and its associated diseases is known Cardiology. Heart diseases are more prevalent in the current era. Heart disease is generally interchanges with cardiovascular disease which is caused by blockade or narrowing of the blood vessels. Various factors for the onset of heart diseases include age, family history, smoking, poor diet, high blood pressure and cholesterol levels, diabetes, obesity, physical inactivity, etc. Many diagnostic techniques have been developed for detecting the structure and functionality of the heart. With these innovative techniques developed, the mortality rate has been decreased as the disorder was diagnosed and treated accordingly.
Heart; Heart disorders; Awareness; Literature
Heart disorder, the term itself depicts the malfunctioning and various conditions of the heart which includes Coronary Artery Disease, Angina pectoris, Cardiac Arrhythmias, Congenital Heart defects, etc. Coronary artery disease is characterized by the narrowing of blood vessels that supply blood to the organs and this condition is well known as Atherosclerosis [1-9]. Angina Pectoris generally known as Angina is symptomized by chest pain with pressure and squeezing sensation of the heart due to insufficient blood flow due to obstruction or spasm in the blood vessel. Cardiac Arrhythmias, the name itself suggests that, it is the disorder of the heart due to irregular rhythm of heart i.e. either the heart beat is very fast or very slow. Congenital Heart defect which is also known as congenital heart anomaly is associated with defect in the structure of heart. The severity of all these diseases can be from low risk or no risk to death. Proper care must be taken, in order to prevent death of the patient [11-16]. So there exists a need to be educated and to obtain knowledge on functions of the heart and these diseases so that the right preventive measures can be taken during their occurrence. People can gain awareness through literature, internet sources, family physicians and consultants. Open access journals provide more visibility and accessibility to the readers in gaining the required information. The ongoing researches all over the world, which are being exhibited through open access journals, serve as the main source of information in various fields [17-19].
In order to create awareness among the people, group of physicians and consultants unite to form a society or an organization. The main aim of these societies is to counsel and create awareness among the victims of heart disorders as well as healthy personnel [20-26]. Major societies like National Heart Forum of UK aims to improve public awareness in cardiovascular health, and the advancement of quality standards to enhance patient care. It also support and promote researches in the field of cardiovascular diseases. United Heart Foundation of USA promotes the education and activities relating to the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease through the development of cardiovascular health knowledge and practice. Nigerian Cardiac Society of South Africa is associated with Omics thereby endorsing the scientific events conducted in the field of Cardiology. European Society of Cardiology is another international society comprising of professional cardiologists, contributes to the development of effective policy and programmatic responses to Cardiac patients at the global level, particularly in the European countries. Mongolian society for Pediatric cardiology struggle for the diagnosis and treatment of heart disorders especially in children. The Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand is involved in providing support to cardiology patients promoting the advances in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. The main objective of these societies is to disseminate the scientific knowledge to cardiologists so that they can provide better service to the patients and work together to reduce the risk of heart disorders. The society enables the understanding of the disorders by creating awareness among the global communities [27-34].
Open Access literature plays a key role in proving the information and current researches across the globe. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Cardiology provides information on latest therapeutics techniques such as angioplasty, percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) such as percutaneous trans luminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA), and also many conferences like Global Summit on Heart Diseases and Therapeutics where an abstract entitled Pericardial effusion in the setting of Takotsubo cardiomyopathy was Perry Fisher of USA, illustrated a case of Takotsubo cardiomyopathy in a 76-year-old woman and treatment followed [35-42]. Journal of Cardiovascular Diseases and Diagnosis is an international peer-reviewed scholarly journal, which published the papers across the world on coronary artery disease as a Special edition in its Volume 4 [43-51].
Cardiovascular Pharmacology: Open Access Journal studies improve the knowledge and provide cutting-edge research strategies for the development of new therapeutics. International Journal of Cardiovascular Research is a leading provider of information on cardiovascular diseases and novel methods of treatment followed. The above mentioned Open access journals on cardiology are the peer-reviewed journals that maintain the quality and standard of the journal content, reviewer’s agreement and respective editor’s acceptance in order to publish an article. These journals ensures the barrier-free distribution of its content through online open access and thus helps in improving the citations for authors and attaining good journal impact factors.
Most Prevalent Heart Disorders across the Globe
The most common heart diseases include Rheumatic heart disease, Hypertensive heart disease, Ischemic heart disease, cerebrovascular heart disease, inflammatory heart disease, etc. Of these diseases mentioned, Ischemic Heart diseases are the most prevalent in USA which include Angina, Coronary artery disease, Coronary heart disease, Atherosclerosis and Heart attack [52-66].
Patient suffering from Angina features pain in the chest region due to the insufficient supply of blood to the heart . Through Open access healthcare literature provides information of novel researches ongoing in the current era. Here is the list of few articles which provide reports that are competent enough for a person to attain knowledge on cardiology [68-74]. An article entitled Giant Cardiac Fibroma in a Completely Asymptomatic Teenager written by Annagrazia Cecere of Italy, explains a case report of a 19-year-old male patient possessing a intra cardiac mass scientifically known as Cardiac Fibroma, after he was admitted in a hospital as an emergency accident case. The presence of Cardiac fibroma does not show any symptoms and is featured by the slow growth. These Cardiac fibromas mostly develop in the ventricles and intraventricular septum [74-82]. Mycotic aneurysms are rare and their incidence rate is about 0.65% to 2% of all the aortic aneurysms and is life threatening. It is caused due to the destruction of the aortic wall by an infectious agent and can be treated surgically [83-91]. Alexandra Lucas was one of the professor holding expertize in Cardiac Ischemia, Myocardial Hypertrophy and Heart Failure [92-96].
Cardiac Arrhythmias commonly known as irregular heartbeat, is a condition in which heart beat is abnormal i.e. the heart beats either too fast know as tachycardia or too slow known as bradycardia. The heart beat is controlled by the electric impulses and when these impulses fail to work leads to irregular heartbeat [97-104]. In a manuscript entitled The Effects of Ascent and Descent on Heart Rate and Rhythm at High Altitude authored by Christopher John Boos of UK provides data regarding the change in rate of heart beat when one goes from a lower altitude to higher altitude [105-110]. 9th Annual Meeting on Arrhythmia and Cardiac Surgery held in July 2016 in Australia, Thomas Deneke presented his views on Esophageal lesions related to atrial fibrillation ablation where he described Atrioesophageal fistula was rare but very dangerous and life risky complication of Atrial fibrillation [111-118].
Apart from the articles, presentation at conferences, symposiums, workshops also yield a better exposure to health information and advanced technologies that are being invented in the present generation [119-123]. In 11th Annual Cardiology Summit held in September 2016 in USA, Lubna Ibrahim Al Asoom of Saudi Arabia presented his views on Coronary angiogenic effect of long term administration of Nigella sativa. In this abstract he stated that Nigella sativa shows not only the ionotropic, hypertrophic cardiac effects but also shows coronary angiogenetic effect [124-129]. At International Conference on Cardiovascular Medicine held in August 2016 in UK, the scientific lectures delivered have discussed one of the most challenging burdens of the recent times. Azar Hussain presented a report on Characterization of optimal resting tension in human pulmonary artery where he described calibration of optimal resting tension value for performing experiments on human pulmonary artery rings [130-136].
Novel Technologies in Cardiology
As the heart diseases have become more prevalent, there are many scientific professionals are trained especially in detecting, treating and counseling the prevention of Cardiac disorders and these professionals are well known as Cardiologists. There exists almost 29, 650 Cardiologists in USA as per a survey conducted in April 2016 [137-145]. In order to diagnose the condition of the heart, physicians proceed for Cardiac Imaging which includes Echocardiogram, PET scan, CT scan, MRI, Coronary catheterization [146-158]. Peter A. McCullough is a scientific professional with research expertize in cardiovascular diseases. Peter has presented the surgical and non-surgical technologies that were in use for the treatment of heart disorders in his article Advances in the Management of Valvular Heart Disease [159-165]. Echocardiogram utilizes ultrasonic waves for the uninterrupted visualization of chambers of the heart and flow of blood and also takes pictures of valves, blood vessels like arteries and veins and also walls of the heart chambers. Through this test we can know the size of the heart, thickness of the walls of the heart, presence of stenosis and regurgitation of blood [166-173]. Cardiac mapping and ablation is another advanced technique used widely by cardiologists. In this technique, the catheters are inserted into the heart and moved to various sites of the heart to detect the source of arrhythmia. Once the site of arrhythmia is discovered, then that specific tissue is destroyed by ablation. Cardiac ablation is widely used technique in the treatment of Arrhythmias [174-181]. Cardiac mapping does not provide the electrical activity of auricles and ventricles at a time instead provides the activity of on chamber of the heart at a time [182-189].
Cardiac Magnetic Resonance is widely used diagnostic technique to detect the anatomy of the heart. Cardiac MRI utilizes a strong magnet and radio waves. The energy from the radio waves is absorbed by the heart and is released in a pattern based on the type of tissue. This pattern helps to detect whether the tissue is normal or cancerous [190-196]. This is most widely used for patients with congenital heart disease. MRI produces the images of the heart better than other imaging methods. But the only disadvantage of this scan is that it is time consuming and produces loud sound. Angiocardiography is an advanced technique used for the examination of chambers of the heart and blood vessels. In this technique, a radionuclide commonly called radiopaque dye is injected into the heart followed by examination by x-rays. Hundreds of images are produced thus pertaining to visualize the movement in the heart [197-200]. Jose G. Diez of USA is one of the expert in the field of cardiology with expertise in Interventional cardiology, acute coronary syndromes, acute and chronic aortic syndromes, antiplatelet and anti-thrombin therapies.
Heart disorders are most prominent and prevalent in USA. Many innovative technologies have been developed to reduce the mortality due to heart disorders. In 2011, FDA had approved a novel technique to treat heart valve disease without any surgery known as Trans catheter aortic valve replacement. All this information can be accessed in open access health care literature which exhibits the novel techniques and innovative researches taking place in the research field. Many professionals share their views;suggestions through the open access literature which can be accessed by all inorder attain knowledge on heart diseases. Although heart disease is the major cause for deaths in USA, the developed technologies, awareness through the literature have given hope to the patients for reducing the mortality rate.
- Gouveia RH, Ramos S Koukoulis G, et al. Unexpected giant cell arteritis and aorta aneurysm. J Vasc Med Surg 2016;4:288.
- Hanak V, Troubil M, Santavy P, et al.Pseudoaneurysm of the ascending aorta following Bentallprocedure. J Cardiovasc Dis Diagn. 2016;4:254.
- Uyar SI, Ozdem?r U, Ilter MS, et al. The effect of soybean extracts on serum lipid profile and the accumulation of free cholesterol and cholesteryl ester in the aorta, carotid artery and iliac artery-Experimental study. J Food Process Technol. 2016;7: 616.
- Zhu L, Pang PYK, Chua YL. Patent extra-anatomic ascending-descending aorta bypass graft for infected interpositional graft after 12 years of operation. Gen Med (Los Angeles). 2016;4:267.
- Wang T, Zhang N, Liu J, et al.Tuberculouspseudoaneurysm of descending abdominal aorta in association with tuberculosis of spine: A rare complication. J Vasc Med Surg. 2016;4:279.
- Bouayed MN, Bouziane L, Sekkal A, et al. Treatment of complex aorta diseases by multilayer stents. J Vasc. 2016;2:111.
- Abu-Dief EE, Abdelrahim EA, Abdelrahim KM. Histological modifications aging aorta in male albino rat. J CytolHistol. 2016;7: 408.
- Tanabe M, Kunitomo T, Doi O. Successful interventional recanalization against heavily calcified chronic total occlusion of proximal right coronary artery utilizing retrograde guidewire trapping technique at the terminal aorta. J Cardiovasc Dis Diagn. 2016;4:233.
- Hela BJ, Sayda M, Hassen J, et al. Mycotic Aneurysm of the abdominal aorta caused by salmonella non-typhi treated surgically. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2016;7:417.
- Makani S, Julia M, Metton O, et al. Surgical repair of a pseudocoarctation with cervical aortic arch complicated by multiple aneurysms of the aorta: A case report. J Vasc Med Surg. 2016;4:246.
- Miroslav JP, Dimitrije S, Velja M, et al. Chronic occlusion of hypoplastic aorta in a patient with right renal artery and right kidney agenesis. J Vasc Med Surg. 2016;4:240.
- Ibrahim B, AttékéNkoulémbéné C, Mounguengui S,et al. Antihypertensive potential of aqueous extract of nephrolepisbiserrata leaves on toad aorta. Med Aromat Plants. 2015;5:220.
- Karunanayake AL, Gupta A. Association between the Number of chondrocytes of lumbar intervertebral discs and age, abdominal aorta atherosclerosis and lumbar artery arteriosclerosis “A descriptive cross sectional study”. Anat Physiol. 2015;5:183.
- Barrio-Lopez MT, Calabuig J, Bastarrika G, et al. Percutaneous closure of an aorta puncture caused by a central venous. J Vasc Med Surg. 2015;3:215.
- Abdallah H, Noly P, Elkhoury G. Unexpected outcome of a floating thrombus in the ascending aorta. Journal of Surgery [Jurnalul de chirurgie] 2015;11: 375-6.
- Rice KM, Fannin J, Para R, et al. Age-associated alterations of morphology and protein signaling in the female F344xBN rat aorta. J GerontolGeriatr Res. 2015 4:196.
- Aronow WS. Update on Management of aneurysms of the abdominal aorta, its branch vessels, and the lower extremities. Angiol Open Access. 2015;3:e109.
- Zander T, Gonzalez G, Valdéz M, et al. Endovascular revascularization of a renal branch occlusion in a monorenal patient after a 3-branched stent graft procedure of the abdominal aorta. J Vasc Med Surg. 2015;3:176.
- Stojanovic I, Ilic G, Stojanovic M, et al. Spontaneous coronary dissection with dissection of ascending aorta and cardiac tamponade. J Vasc Med Surg. 2014;2:165.
- Nishigami K, Endo Y, Sakamoto T, et al. Women tend to have the ascending aorta involvement and the rupture in acute aortic dissection. Angiol. 2014;2:135.
- Eleftherakis NG, Andreou ND. Late transverse aortic stent fracture in adolescent with coarctation of the aorta. Treatment of the complication with covered stent insertion with in the fractured stent. J Clin Case Rep. 2014;4:378.
- Heilmaier C, Moysidis T, Weishaupt D, et al. Calcification in smaller and larger infrarenalaneurysmatic abdominal aortas- Differences in plaque patterns. Angiol. 2014;2:129.
- Kobayashi A, Nakazato K, Jin Y, et al. The ascending aorta pseudoaneurysm with myocardium rupture complicated with prosthetic valve infective endocarditis after aortic valve replacement. JGPR. 2014;2:155.
- Paz AC, Kojima K, Iwasaki K, et al. Tissue engineered trachea using decellularized aorta. J Bioeng Biomed Sci. 2011;S2:001.
- Ungprasert P, Ratanapo S, Cheungpasitporn W. Management in thoracic aorta mural thrombi: Evidence based medicine and controversy. Emerg Med (Los Angel). 2011;1:e104.
- Sato N, Shimokawa M, Iwasaki H, et al.Brugada- like ECG associated with primary cardiac lymphoma. J Clinic Experiment Cardiol. 2011;2:128.
- Umakanthan JM, Uprety D, Banda K, et al. Precursor B-cell lymphoblastic primary cardiac lymphoma. Case Report and Review of Literature. J Blood Lymph. 2015;5:133.
- Tomek V, Radvansk J, Adla T, et al. Hemodynamics and exercise tolerance after senning operation for transposition of great arteries and its limiting factors: A longitudinal study. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2016;7:437.
- Miyagi S, Shimizu K, Miyazawa K, et al. The reconstruction of hepatic arteries using extra-anatomical free autografts in living donor liver transplantation. J Transplant Technol Res. 2016;7:157.
- Madhu KJ, Subramani KSR, Prasad NM, et al. Spontaneous coronary artery dissection of the multiple coronary arteries – Rare case report. Cardiovaspathol. 2016;1:104.
- Buccheri D, Chirco PR, Piraino D, et al. Coronary arteries involvement inChurg-Strauss syndrome simulating an acute coronary syndrome: An emblematic case and literature review. J Thrombo Cir. 2016;2:102.
- Salkov M, Zozylia N, Tsymbaliuk V, et al. New concept of the development of brainstem ischemia in the setting of occlusions of the vertebral arteries and radicular and medullary arteries in the presence of the cervical spinal injury. Brain DisordTher. 2015;4:193.
- Talwar S, Bansal A, Chandra D, et al. Non confluent pulmonary arteries with bilateral patent ductusarteriosus: Unifocalization and concomitant bilateral bidirectional glenn procedure. Surgery Curr Res. 2015;5:251.
- Perri G, Albanese SB, Carotti A. Airway complications after single-stage unifocalization for pulmonary atresia, Ventricular septal defect, and major aortopulmonary collateral arteries. J PulmRespir Med. 2014;4:202.
- Araújo AV, Grando MD, Silva RSDA, et al. Function and protein expression of potassium channels in mesenteric resistance arteries isolated from 2K-1C hypertensive rats. J Hypertens. 2014;3:146.
- Wehman B, Taylor B. Coronary Revascularization using bilateral internal thoracic arteries: Safe with skeletonization? J ClinExpCardiolog. 2013;S7:007.
- Boari N, Boari GEM, Ciuceis CD, et al. Resistance-sized arteries structure and capillary density changes in glioblastoma and meningioma peritumoral brain tissue. J NeurolDisord. 2013;1:106.
- Frink RJ. Adventitial inflammation of the coronary arteries in patients, with and without diabetes mellitus, who died of acute coronary disease: A reliable marker of active, progressive, atherosclerotic disease. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2012;S12:001.
- Arora AK, Verma P, Lalit M, et al. Variant segmental renal arteries in the right kidney- Clinical correlations- A case report. Anat Physiol. 2012;2:103.
- Guntheroth WG. Increased pulse pressure causes vascular injury in pulmonary and systemic arteries. Decreasing the pulsatility with banding and vasodilators can stabilize pulmonary hypertension. J Clinic Experiment Cardiol. 2010;1:107.
- Praveen Kumar G. Bilateral superior accessory renal arteries - Its embryological basis and surgical importance – A case report. J Clinic Case Reports. 2012;2:e105.
- Baraona F, Valente AM, Porayette P, et al. Coronary arteries in childhood heart disease: Implications for management of young adults. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2012;S8:006.
- Aksu T, Yalin K. Substrate-guided ablation of ischemic ventricular tachycardia: Is it really necessary to induce ventricular tachycardia to be successful? J Clin Case Rep. 2016;6: 869.
- Mavrogeni S, Poulos G, Koutsogeorgopoulou L, et al. Ventricular tachycardia and sudden cardiac death in connective tissue diseases: can cardiovascular magnetic resonance play a role?. Rheumatology (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:198.
- Kataria V, Yaduvanshi A, Nair M. Radiofrequency catheter ablation of ventricular tachycardia in structural heart disease: Single team experience with follow-up upto 5 years. Arrhythm Open Access. 2016;1:104.
- Hoshino K, Kawano Y, Yamasaki R, et al. A case of pulseless ventricular tachycardia induced by iatrogenic adrenaline overdose. Emergency Med. 2015;5:293.
- Jeserich M, Kimmel S, Bechtold H, et al. Asymptomatic patient with complex exercise-induced ventricular tachycardia. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2014;5:1000342.
- Kette F, Bozzola M, Locatelli A, et al. What is ventricular tachycardia for an automated external defibrillator? J ClinExpCardiolog. 2014;5:285.
- Romano A, Grassia M, Esposito G, et al. Total esophagectomy and endoscopic radiofrequency ablation for a case of diffuse esophageal papillomatosis: Case report. J Gastrointest Dig Syst. 2016;6:478.
- Aljefree NM, Lee P, Saqqaf JMA, et al. Association between vitamin d status and cardio-metabolic risk factors among adults with and without coronary heart disease in Saudi Arabia. J Diabetes Metab. 2016;7:707.
- Lamastra L, Balderacchi M, Trevisan M. NP, NPnEOs and DEHP in sewage sludge in Italy: A threat to its use as fertilizer?. J Environ Anal Toxicol. 2016;6:406.
- Berezin AE. Genetic predictive scores in heart failure: Possibilities and expectations. J Data Mining Genomics Proteomics. 2016;7:e127.
- Gavira JJ, García-Bolao I, Díez J. Primary prevention of sudden cardiac death in patients with heart failure: How effective is current pharmacologic therapy? Cardiovasc Pharm Open Access. 2016;5:198.
- Sun T, Cheng YT, Wang S, et al. Invasive aortic augmentation index could predict the adverse events in patients without established coronary heart disease. Angiol. 2016;4:173.
- Roever L, Resende ES, Borges ASR. Exercise-based rehabilitation for coronary heart disease: What does the evidence show? J Cardiovasc Dis Diagn. 2016;4:e111.
- Wang L, Zhang N, Pan H, et al. A combination of electro-acupuncture and aerobic exercise improves cardiovascular function in patients with coronary heart disease. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2015;6:402.
- Li G, Hu R, Wu HZ, et al. High serum concentration of sulfatide is a risk factor for restenosis in patients with coronary heart disease after percutaneous coronary intervention. Metabolomics. 2015;5:137.
- Mukherjee T. The heart and the kidneys: Aclose link. J NephrolTher. 2016;6:255.
- Plessis J, Gloan LLE, Gueffet JP, et al. When heart failure has to do with past abdominal surgery. OMICS J Radiol. 2016;5:233.
- Akaike T, Minamisawa S. Prostaglandin E-mediated vascular remodeling of the ductusarteriosus and ductus-dependent congenital heart diseases. J Mol Genet Med. 2016;10: e109.
- Hinds A, Leddy J, Freitas M, et al. The effect of exertion on heart rate and rating of perceived exertion in acutely concussed individuals. J NeurolNeurophysiol. 2016;7:388.
- Berezin AE. The Clinical Utility of Circulating Microparticles’ Measurement in Heart Failure Patients. J Vasc Med Surg. 2016;4:277.
- Yang H, Qiu M, Zhou Y, et al. NK/T-Cell Lymphoma on the Upper Lip. J MolBiomarkDiagn. 2016;7: 288.
- Störk S, Plotnikov AN, Peters G, et al. Effects of JNJ-54452840, an Anti-β1 Receptor antibody cyclopeptidein heart failure patients: A randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, phase-2 pilot study. Cardiovasc Pharm Open Access. 2016;5:190.
- Manna E, Maiti S, Bhattacharyya S, et al. Early detection of breast cancer: management with radiotherapy associated with cardiovascular disease (CVD), Heart failure among the breast cancer survivors woman. J Women's Health Care. 2016;5:323.
- Boos CJ, Macconnachie L, Mellor A, et al. The effects of ascent and descent on heart rate and rhythm at high altitude. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2016;7:462.
- Zaidi SN, Collins SM. Orthostatic stress induced changes in heart rate variability, pulse transit time and QRS duration. J Bioengineer & Biomedical Sci. 2016;6:194.
- Gonsorcik J, Hunavy M, Stancak B, et al.Atrioventricularnodal reentrant tachycardia in transplanted heart. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2016;7:458.
- Zhang J, Zhao X, Zhang Y, et al. A Comparison of haemodynamic effects and safety between domestic levosimendan versus dobutamine for hospitalized patients with acute decompensated heart failure. Cardiovasc Pharm Open Access. 2016;5:186.
- Berezin AE. Progenitor endothelial cell dysfunction in heart failure: Clinical implication and therapeutic target?.Transl Med (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:176.
- Gabaev DD. How I reached the age of 65 with a congenital heart disease and atherosclerosis. Anat Physiol. 2016;6:228.
- Suastika K, Dwipayana P, Saraswati MR, et al. Coronary heart disease in a remote area. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2012;S6:002.
- Namekata T, Suzuki K, Ishizuka N, et al. Association of cardio-ankle vascular index with cardiovascular disease risk factors and coronary heart disease among japanese urban workers and their families. J Clinic Experiment Cardiol. 2012;S1:003.
- Spencer-Hwang R, FonneboKnutsen S, Ghamsary M, et al. Female renal transplant recipients potentially at increased risk of fatal coronary heart disease associated with ambient air pollutants. J Clinic Experiment Cardiol. 2011;S6:001.
- Mehta P, Shepard J, Rouse K, et al. Growth and tolerability of healthy term infants fed a new formula supplemented with DHA from Schizochytriumsp Microalgae. J Vasc Med Surg. 2016;4:267.
- Berezin AE. Epigenetic modifications the development of different heart failure phenotypes. J Data Mining Genomics & Proteomics. 2016;7:202.
- Svetikiene M, Janusauskas V, Griciute J, et al. Successful treatment of right heart thrombi and acute massive pulmonary embolism by repeated thrombolysis. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2016;7: 451.
- Todurov B, Bitsadze A, Glagola M, et al. Usefulness of applying temporary intracoronary shunts for myocardial revascularization. Biol Med (Aligarh). 2016;8: 302.
- Firoj KM, Yu HB, En Fa X. Myocardial protective effect of exogenous creatine phosphate in children undergoing open heart surgery. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2016;7: 450.
- Mbamalu ON, Antunes E, Silosini N, et al. HPLC determination of selected flavonoid glycosides and their corresponding aglycones in Sutherlandiafrutescens materials. Med Aromat Plants. 2016;5:246.
- Alkhatib EA, Danielle G, Chabot T. Multi-regression prediction of metal partition coefficients under various physical/chemical conditions “Design of experiments As, Cr, Cu, Ni and Zn”. Hydrol Current Res. 2016;7:241.
- Sanchez JM, Kurian T, Doshi A, et al. Fever exacerbating ventricular fibrillation in early repolarization syndrome. J Cardiovasc Dis Diagn. 2016;S1:006.
- Mumphrey CG, Barkemeyer B, Zambrano RM.Hypoplasticleft heart syndrome in a patient with fetal hydantoin syndrome. J Neonatal Biol. 2016;5:217.
- Kiuchi MG, Chen S, Silva GR, et al. Effects of renal sympathetic denervation in comparison to β-blocker on heart rate control in hypertensive patients with permanent atrial fibrillation. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2016;7:439.
- Scaldaferri F, Pecere S, D’Ambrosio D, et al. Emerging mechanisms of action and loss of response to infliximab in Ibd: A broader picture. BiochemPharmacol (Los Angel). 2016;5:206.
- Berezin AE. The role of circulating myeloid-related protein complex calprotectin in prediction of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction . J ClinExpCardiolog. 2016;7:436.
- Ilori TO, Pinnaka J, Kats M, et al. The arteriovenous fistula: An often overlooked precipitant of high output heart failure. J Clin Case Rep. 2016;6:751.
- Watanabe T, Shinoda Y, Ikeoka K, et al. Pacemaker lead perforation during right ventricular outflow tract pacing -importance of heart rotation at pacemaker implantation. J Clin Case Rep. 2016;6:707.
- Wang JY, Chen H, Su X. Aortic dissection secondary to maguo ingestion. J Vasc Med Surg. 2016;4:256.
- Wang JY, Chen H, Song D, et al. Acute myocardial infarction secondary to aortic dissection. J Vasc Med Surg. 2016;4:255.
- Ahsan S, Scheffold N. A classic presentation of lyme complete heart block. Trop Med Surg. 2016;4:207.
- Algazzar AS, Katta AA, Ahmed KS, et al. Changes in left ventricular global and regional longitudinal strain during right ventricular pacing. Arrhythm Open Access. 2016;1:107.
- Campbell AB, McIntyre WF, Baranchuk A. Ventricular tachycardia in a patient with repaired tetralogy of fallot. J Gen Pract. 2013;1:120.
- Schmitz G, Rezaie S. Do Elevated troponins during supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) predict the presence of coronary artery disease? Emergency Med. 2013;3:e132.
- Porpino SKP, Travassos RA, Gadelha DDA, et al. Developing new organic nitrates for treating hypertension: A review . J Hypertens2016;5:232.
- Chaowu Y, Xiangbin P, Zhongying X, et al. Diastolic pulmonary arterial pressure as a prognostic indicator for closure of atrial septal defect with severe pulmonary arterial hypertension . J Hypertens. 2016;5:231.
- Nole T, Lionel TDW, Cedrix TFS, et al.Ethnomedical and ethnopharmacological study of plants used for potential treatments of diabetes and arterial hypertension by indigenous people in three phytogeographic regions of Cameroon. Diabetes Case Rep. 2016;1:110.
- Zha P, Sickora C, Chase SM, et al. An RN/CHW Exemplar: Managing hypertension in an urban community. J Comm Pub Health Nurs. 2016;2:135.
- Kabore T, Lazar J. Prevalence and risk factors for pre-hypertension among adults in Burkina Faso, West Africa. J Comm Pub Health Nurs. 2016;2:130.
- Chalupova L, Halupova L, Zakovska A, et al. CTRP1: A molecular link between obesity and hypertension . J MolBiomarkDiagn. 2016;7: 289.
- Ali SA. Use of smokeless tobacco in medical students and hypertension. Occup Med Health Aff. 2016;4:240.
- Stoicescu M. The Risk of sudden decrease of severe arterial hypertension. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2016;7:460.
- Chauhan R, Parihar AKS, Chauhan S. Hypertension and the aged. J GerontolGeriatr Res. 2016;S5:002.
- Pagano D, Barbieri L, Gruttadauria S. Portal hypertension model in pigs. J ClinExp Transplant. 2016;1:e101.
- Aberha M, Gebeyehu A, Ayano G. Prevalence and factors associated with anxiety among patients with hypertension on follow up at Menelik- II Referral Hospital, Addis Ababa Ethiopia. J Psychiatry. 2016;19:378.
- Trailokya A. Will Azilsartan - An eight ARB bring paradigm shift in hypertension management practices in India? Cardiovasc Pharm Open Access. 2016;5:189.
- Li M, Zhang L, Shi J. To live long, eat less salt: salt intake reduction promotion and hypertension control in China. Health Care: Current Reviews. 2016;4:169.
- Soltani HM, Namayandeh SM, Latifeh J, et al. The effect of fasting during ramadan on blood pressure in patients with controlled and mild hypertension. J Hypertens. 2016;5:227.
- Sarfaraz S, Farooq N, Ashraf N, et al. Non pharmacological use of Daucuscarota juice (carrot juice) as dietary intervention in reducing hypertension. Enz Eng. 2016;5:147.
- Berezin AE. Is elevated circulating galectin-3 level Apredictor of pulmonary artery hypertension development and progression? Clin Med Biochemistry Open Access. 2016;2:114.
- Manolis A, Doumas M. Erectile function in cardiovascular disease and hypertension: The role of nebivolol. J Hypertens. 2016;5:226.
- Lv Y, Lau WY, Deng J, et al. Non-hypersplenism causes of peripheral cytopenias in patients with cirrhotic portal hypertension: A Review. J Hypertens. 2016;5:223.
- Li X, Qiao Y, Li Y, et al. Angiotensinogen M235T, β2 adrenergic receptor Arg16Gly and aldosterone synthase C-344T gene polymorphisms and essential hypertension among Han population living at high altitude in China. J Hypertens. 2016;5:222.
- Abdel-hamid ER, Mohammed EA, Aleraky AZ, et al. Association of angiotensin converting enzyme gene polymorphism and possible high risk factors with essential arterial hypertension in Egyptian patients. Mol Biol. 2016;5:165.
- EL-Adawy NM, Helmy AK, Ismail TT, et al. Fibroblast growth factor-23: A possible cause of pulmonary hypertension and left ventricle hypertrophy in hemodialysis patients. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2016;7:449.
- Feyh A, Bracero L, Lakhani HV, et al. Role of dietary components in modulating hypertension. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2016;7:433.
- Guney F, Bozkurt B, Paksoy Y. Intracranial hypertension in Behcet Disease: A case report. J Clin Case Rep. 2016;6:748.
- Bogari DF, Bakalka GT, Hazzazi LW, et al. The prevalence of hypertension in endodontic clinics: A Pilot Study. Dentistry. 2016;6:370.
- Silva RP, Sousa NRP, Costa PSC, et al. Who is the patient with suspected white coat hypertension? . J ClinExpCardiolog. 2016;7:428.
- Aissa S, Mezghani S, Benzarti W, et al. Prognosis evaluation of pulmonary endarterectomy for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. J PulmRespir Med. 2016;6:328.
- Li H. Hypertension management in primary care in China: Still a long way to proceed. J Gen Practice. 2016;4:238.
- Tsabang N, Fongnzossie E, Donfack D, et al. Comparative study of epidemiological and anthropological aspects of diabetes and hypertension in Cameroon. Forest Res. 2016;5:165.
- Dash SK, Kulkarni V, Sahoo RK, et al. Idiopathic pulmonary hypertension induced thrombocytopenia - A Case Report. J PulmRespir Med. 2016;6:322.
- Huckabay L, Reynolds GL, Fisher DG, et al. Hypertension in a low-income and homeless community sample. J Community Med Health. 2016;6:399.
- Gonzalez-Aguirre AJ, Lin O, Cho C, et al.Transjugularliver biopsy in a multiple myeloma patient with hepatomegaly, portal hypertension and “miliary” liver lesions: A case report. J Gastrointest Dig Syst. 2016;6:390.
- Kamal I, Hamdy R, Mohamed N. Kidneys: The victim of hypertension: Review. J NephrolTher. 2016;6:231.
- Mussa BM, Abduallah Y, Abusnana S. Prevalence of hypertension and obesity among emirati patients with Type 2 diabetes. J Diabetes Metab. 2016;7:638.
- Viggiano A, Passavanti MB, Zagaria G, et al. Anti-hypertensive treatments and hypertension- Associated hypoalgesia evaluated by auto-algometry. J AnesthClin Res. 2015;6:589.
- Bos AJG, Jorge LB, Navarro JHN, et al. Comparing the prevalence and drug treatment rates of diabetes, hypertension and dyslipidemia between Japan and Brazil, using 2013 National Health Surveys. J Clin Diabetes Pract. 2015;1:103.
- YunfuLv, Han XY, Gong X, et al. Analysis of peripheral blood cells due to adults posthepatitic cirrhotic portal hypertension and their postoperative prognosis. J Hypertens (Los Angel). 2015;4:210.
- Al-Hamdan NA. Isolated systolic hypertension among adults in saudiarabia: prevalence, risk factors, predictors and treatment - Results of a National Survey. Epidemiology (sunnyvale). 2015;5:206.
- Lerman MJ, Hinton S, Aronoff R. Post kidney transplant refractory hypertension and bilateral native nephrectomy. J Kidney. 2015;1:107.
- Safdar Z, Thakur A, Singh S, et al. Circulating aldosterone levels and disease severity in pulmonary arterial hypertension. JPulmRespir Med. 2015;5:295.
- Ashoor I. Pediatric hypertension: A primer for the busy primary care provider. J NephrolTher. 2015;5:218.
- Mutlu E, Ilhan N, Ilhan N, et al. Comparative effectiveness of novokinin, perindopril and losartan on blood pressure, adma, nadph oxidase and rho kinase at renal tissue in L-name and salt induced hypertension. ClinExpPharmacol. 2015;5:197.
- Herbert S, Tulloh RMR. Treatment of pulmonary hypertension in Down ’s syndrome. J Genet Syndr Gene Ther. 2015;6:273.
- Roever L, Borges ASR. Pulmonary hypertension and exercise training: Evidence based studies. Lung Dis Treat. 2015;1:e103.
- Al-Saloos H, Saeed S.Rare case of bilateral superior vena cava, persistent left superior vena cava draining to coronary sinus, absent bridging vein, interrupted inferior vena cava with azygos vein continuation to right superior vena cava, situsinversus and pulmonary hypertension in a neonate: A case report. PediatTherapeut. 2015;5:i110.
- Stra?y?ska A, Hoffmann K, Bryl W, et al. The relationship between serum apelin concentration and selected anthropometric parameters, serum lipids and carotid intima-media thickness in young subjects with primary arterial hypertension. J Metabolic Synd. 2015;4:185.
- Plácido R, Martins S, Marques JS, et al. Predictors of functional capacity in patients with pulmonary hypertension. J PulmRespir Med. 2015;5: 290.
- Rajekar H. Complication of cirrhosis portal hypertension: A Review. J Liver. 2015;4:188.
- Roever L. High-sensitivity C-reactive protein, hypertension and stroke: cause and effect or simple association?.InternMed. 2015;5:e102.
- Sun Y, Wu J, Li X. Pulmonary arterial hypertension from hepatic HHT. InternMed. 2015;5:109.
- Aronow WS. 2015 American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology/American Society of Hypertension Guidelines on treatment of hypertension in patients with coronary artery disease. J Hypertens. 2015;4:e113.
- Jiangyan C, Zhengliqiang L, Lixiaodong M. Association among systolic blood pressure variation, inflammation and arterial rigidity in essential hypertension. J Hypertens (Los Angel). 2015;4:207.
- Padda RS, Shi Y, Lo CS, et al. Angiotensin-(1-7): A novel peptide to treat hypertension and nephropathy in diabetes?. J Diabetes Metab. 2015;6:615.
- Rovedder PME, Andrade FP, Dalcin PDTR. Pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary disorders in cystic fibrosis. Cardiovasc Pharm Open Access. 2015;4:158.
- Vadapalli S, Chaitra KL, Satyanarayana ML, et al. Variants of PGIS and PPARγ in idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension. J Clin Med Genomics. 2015;3:130.
- Srinivasamurthy BC. Burden and determinants of hypertension in rural pondicherry, India. J Clin Med Genomics. 2015;3:127.
- Nikitin VA, Gosteva EV, Mishina YV, et al.Concor AM therapy in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and concomitant arterial hypertension. Biol Med (Aligarh). 2015;7:246.
- Kobata K, Nabetani M, Yutaka N, et al. Experiences of therapeutic hypothermia therapy on six cases with persistent: pulmonary hypertension and moderate to severe hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy using inhaled nitric oxide therapy. J Neonatal Biol. 2015;4:198.
- Basturk T, Pamukcu Ö, Koc Y, et al. A case report of thrombotic microangiopathic malignant hypertension. J Hypertens. 2015;4:205.
- Rodríguez ÁD, De Abajo Larriba AB, et al. Does self-measurement of blood pressure (SMBP) contribute to improve the degree of hypertension control? Fam Med MedSci Res. 2015;4:183.
- Jachec W, Wojciechowska C, Tomasik A, et al. Response to inhaled nitric oxide, but neither sodium nitroprusside nor sildenafil, predicts survival in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy complicated with pulmonary hypertension. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2015;6:376.
- You F, Weng L, Zhang Y, et al. Evaluation of cardiac reserve function in gestational hypertension. J Neonatal Biol. 2015;4: 181.
- Ozdag Y, DidemSuna Y, Yavuz B. An assessment of the awareness of lifestyle changes in patients with hypertension. Fam Med MedSci Res. 2015;4: 178.
- Dhikale PT, Solanki MJ, Shrivastava SR. A Study of epidemiology of hypertension in an urban slum community of Mumbai. Biol Med. 2015;S3:003.
- Moorhouse P. Treatment of hypertension in frail older adults in nursing homes: Evaluation of an educational intervention for physicians. J GerontolGeriat Res. 2015;S3:005.
- Menzilcioglu MS. Complication of cardiac hidatic cyst. OMICS J Radiol. 2015;4:190.
- Shrivastava SR, Ghorpade AG, Shrivastava PS. Burden and determinants of hypertension in rural Pondicherry, India. Biol Med. 2015;7: 238.
- Ulman-Wlodarz I, Irzyniec T, Galbierz- Kwiatkowska E, et al.Determination of Ghrelin’s role in the pathogenesis of pregnancy induced hypertension. J Hypertens. 2015l;4:201.
- Mira-Avendano I, Hatipoglu U, Sant C, et al. Oral Sildenafil has no acute effect on diffusion capacity measurements in patients with diffuse parenchymal lung disease and pulmonary hypertension. Fam Med MedSci Res. 2015;4:173.
- Ray S, Iyer A, Mallucci C, et al.Decompressivecraniectomy and partial temporal lobectomy for herpes simplex virus encephalitis with refractory intracranial hypertension in an adolescent. J Neuroinfect Dis. 2015;5:174.
- Srimatkandada P, Coviello AD. Severe autoimmune hyperthyroidism in two patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension after treatment with epoprostenol. Thyroid Disorders Ther. 2015;4:176.
- Marston N, Wong D, Blanchard DG. Update in echocardiography:Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. J PulmRespir Med. 2015;5:252.
- Akinseye OA, Akinseye LI. Home blood pressure monitoring and hypertension control. primary health care. 2015;5:182.
- Bhutani K, Vij C, Bedi GK, et al. Predictive and prognostic value of thyroid profile and lipid profile in pregnancy induced hypertension. J Preg Child Health. 2015;2:144.
- Helvaci RM, Ozcan A. White coat hypertension is a pioneer sign of metabolic syndrome. J Metabolic Synd. 2015;4:172.
- Aleyeidi N, Aseri K, Kawthar A. The efficacy of wet cupping on blood pressure among hypertension patients in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: A randomized controlled trial pilot study. AlternIntegr Med. 2015;4:183.
- Kincaid BB, Muzyk AJ, Kanter RJ, et al. Manifestations of anxiety? Explaining tachycardia and hypertension in a patient with POTS. Fam Med MedSci Res. 2015 4:153.
- Yamamoto T, Tamura Y, Ono T, et al. Relationship between digit ratio and idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension in Japanese Women. J Vasc Med Surg. 2015;3:175.
- Aziz A, Lee AM, Ufere NN, et al. Proteomic profiling of early chronic pulmonary hypertension: Evidence for both adaptive and maladaptive pathology. J PulmRespir Med. 2015;5:241.
- Reyes LR, Nauffal D, Ortega GA, et al. Clinical characteristics and survival of patients with pulmonary hypertension: A 40-month mean follow-up. J PulmRespir Med. 2015;5:235.
- Maatoug J, Zammit N, Bhiri S, et al. Three-year intervention program to prevent hypertension in workplaces in Tunisia: A pre-post quasi-experimental design with control group. J Clin Trials. 2015;5:202.
- Ukimura A, Matsuda H, Yamauchi Y, et al.Azilsartan is more effective as compared to olmesartanin hemodialysis patients with uncontrolled hypertension. J NephrolTher, 2015;5:193.
- Asarkua H, Fukami T, Inagaki T, et al. Serious influence of yersiniaenterocolitis on pregnancy in a woman complicated with chronic hypertension and gestational diabetes mellitus: A case report. J Preg Child Health. 2015;2:135.
- Gunes ARIK, BurcuBalam YAVUZ. Hypertension in older adults-geriatrician point of view. J GerontolGeriat Res. 2014;3:182.
- Zhu Q, Amjad A, Fu Z, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphism of the CYP2J2 gene is associated with essential hypertension in uygur population in China. Biochem Anal Biochem. 2015;4:159.
- Mesiano P, Massara C, RollinoCet al. Vascular injury by arterial hypertension in anti-phospholipid antibody syndrome. J Vasc Med Surg. 2015;3:170.
- Aliyu SU, Oyeyemi AY, Udoh DG, et al. Prevalence of overweight/obesity and undiagnosed hypertension among military personnel in Maiduguri, Nigeria. J Nov Physiother. 2014;4:237.
- Elnaggar NK. Diabetes and Hypertension. J Hypertens. 2014;3:192.
- Vaclavik J, Sliva J. ACE Inhibitors or sartans in the treatment of hypertension: A needless discussion?. J Hypertens. 2014;3:191.
- Aronow WS. What should the systolic blood pressure goal be in adults with hypertension?. J Hypertens. 2014;3:189.
- Wang Q, So A, Nussberger J, et al. Renin-dependent hypertension in mice requires the NLRP3-inflammasome. J Hypertens. 2014;3:187.
- Adeoye AM, Balogun WO, Adebiyi A, et al. Prevalence of hypertension and association with increased body mass in a semi-urban settlement in Nigeria. J Hypertens. 2014;3:186.
- Dallatu MK, Nwokocha E, AGU N, et al. The role of hypoxia-inducible factor/prolyl hydroxylation pathway in deoxycorticosterone acetate/salt hypertension in the rat. J Hypertens. 2014;3:184.
- Lv Y, Lau WY, Han X, et al. Grading of peripheral cytopenias due to splenomegaly and hepatitis B cirrhotic portal hypertension. J Hypertens. 2014;3:182.
- Zapata-Sudo G, Sudo SZ, Alencar AKN, et al. Targeting of the adenosine receptors as a novel strategy for the treatment of arterial hypertension . J NeurolNeurophysiol. 2014;5:243.
- Delacroix S, Chokka RC, Worthley SG. Hypertension: Pathophysiology and treatment. J NeurolNeurophysiol. 2014;5:250.
- Babisch W, Wölke G, Heinrich J, et al. Road traffic, location of rooms and hypertension. J Civil Environ Eng. 2014;4:162.
- Dan X, Feng L, Wang W, et al. Abdominal tuberculosis leading to prehepatic portal hypertension: A case report. J CytolHistol. 2014;5:278.
- Batsh MME, Batch MME.Telmisartan is more effective than taurine in protecting high fat diet induced obesity in rats from hypertension, some metabolic, oxidative stress and vascular complications. CardiolPharmacol. 2014;3:119.
- Aliyu SU, Oyeyemi AY, Udoh DG, et al. Prevalence of overweight/obesity and undiagnosed hypertension among military personnel in Maiduguri, Nigeria. J Nov Physiother. 2014;4:223.
- Wang M, Nanfang Li, Zhang Y, et al. Case detection testing for primary aldosteronism in male patients with hypertension and snoring. J Hypertens. 2014;3:180.
- Rebollar RE, Palacios MVG, Guerrero JM, et al. Atropine- induced bigeminy by treating bradycardia-dependent ectopy. Cardiovasc Pharm Open Access. 2016;5:193.
- Bidaki R, Mirhosseni H, Avare R. Breakneck bradycardia pursuant to spinal anesthesia: A report of two cases. J Anesthe Clinic Res. 2011;4:293.
- Maeda K.Actocardiographicanalysis of fetal hypoxia detected by the bradycardia, loss of fetal heart rate acceleration, and long term variability. J Health Med Inform. 2012;4:118.
- Al Aseri Z. Marked symptomatic bradycardia associated with profound hyperkalemia. Emerg Med (Los Angel). 2012;2:103.
- Bidaki R, Mirhosseni H, Avare R. Breakneck bradycardia pursuant to spinal anesthesia: A report of two cases. J Anesthe Clinic Res. 2012;S6:001.
- Diop-Sène MS, Ousmane C, Ndiaye M, et al. Hemorrhagic stroke: Clinical, etiologic and evolutive aspects in Senegalese children. J NeurolDisord. 2016;4:300.