ChemXpress, Volume: 10( 1)
A Review on Determination of Prinivil Using HPLC
- Shiva S , Department of Pharmacy, Vignan Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, Tel: 9490074511; E-mail: [email protected]
Received: September 15, 2016; Accepted: September 19, 2016; Published: September 24, 2016
Citation: Shiva S. A Review on Determination of Prinivil Using HPLC. ChemXpress. 2016;10(1):117.
Present review determines the analytical ways for the quantitative determinations of Prinivil (ACE inhibitor) by actinic radiation spectrophotometry and superior liquid natural process. Pharmaceutical analysis of Prinivil needs effective analytical procedures for QC internal control analysis in prescription drugs dose formulations and human body fluid. an intensive survey for determination of LSP compiled from the analysis articles printed in numerous pharmaceutical and analytical chemistry journals. This shows that many of the HPLC ways reviewed are supported the measuring of drug in pharmaceutical ingredients (API), biological fluids like body fluid and plasma and that they are applicable for therapeutic observance of drug, for pharmacokinetic purpose.
Prinivil; Spectrophotometry; High pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC)
Prinivil (S)-1-[N2-(1-carboxy-3-phenylpropyl)-L-lysyl]-L-proline dihydrate a lysine simple of enalaprilate, the Prinivil hydrophilic, has a long half-life and no scent and powder having sub-atomic weight of 405.5 and sub-atomic recipe C21H31N3O5.2H2O. It is dissolvable in water and sparingly in methanol, varies from captopril by without the sulfhydryl bunch. It is demonstrated for the treatment of hypertension, heart disappointment and intense myocardial infraction. It is demonstrated as adjunctive treatment in the administration of heart disappointment in patients who are not reacting enough to diuretics and digitalis [1-5]. It is utilized to treat hypertension, Myocardial Infarction (MI), heart disappointment and diabetic nephropathy or retinopathy.
Assay technique for any drug is incredibly important for pharmaceutical industries and it's continuously fascinating to pick out and develop easy, least time intense, precise, correct and economical technique for the determination of medicine in API pharmaceutical indefinite quantity forms and pathological samples like blood and blood serum [5-20]. Analytical information square measure wont to screen the potential medication in biological samples, support formulation studies, aid within the development of drug syntheses, monitor the (API) bulk prescription drugs and finished product and additionally take a look at final product for unharness.
Analysis Methods of Prinivil
• There are totally different ways of research for Prinivil drug delineated in literature as, combination of various ways or techniques
• Spectro fluorimetric ways for analysis by reaction modifications
• Electrophoresis/capillary natural process ways (HPLC) High Performance Liquid action ways
• UV-visible spectroscopical methods
• Miscellaneous methods
Methods of Analysis
There are various techniques accessible for Prinivil investigation in single part or multi segment plan utilizing spectrophotometry, gas-fluid chromatography slender electrophoresis and polarography. A few high weight fluid chromatography HPLC strategies have been utilized for the investigation of Prinivil in human plasma. HPLC technique for examination of Prinivil in human plasma and pee at 477 nm. Straight quantitative reaction was produced over a fixation scope of 5 ngmL-1 to 200 ngmL-1 and 25 ngmL-1 to 1000 ngmL-1 for plasma and pee tests [21-40]. However, of these ways needed heavy experimental work high consumption of organic solvents and these ways were developed on single column. Our analysis cluster has worked on HPLC ways for the quantitation of inhibitors as ACE inhibitor, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor and ACE inhibitor alone and together with fosinopril and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory in bulk drug, pharmaceutical formulations and bodily fluid [41-48]. Several of them conjointly reported synchronal ways for the determination of assorted ACE inhibitors with co-administered medicine as ACE inhibitor with H2 antagonists, NSAIDs and with statins. Prinivil belongs to antihypertensive drug therefor many ways at the same time discovered of those ACE Inhibitors as well as.
Prinivil belongs to antihypertensive drug therefor many ways at the same time discovered of those ACE Inhibitors as well as ACE inhibitor with H2-receptor antagonists diuretics and statins. angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor antidepressant drug has been at the same time determined with thiazide and Lasix unremarkably used diuretics, unremarkably used NSAIDs, antidiabetic medicine, sterol lowering agent statins and with antidiabetic drug, glibenclamide and glimepride in bulk, pharmaceutical formulations and human bodily fluid exploitation RP-HPLC [49-56]. Spectrophotometric ways once derivatization of ACE inhibitor and different techniques has been delineated antecedently.
Patients determined to have hypertension are endorsed numerous medicines for treatment which expanding the danger of medication collaborations and reactions. In this article UV spectrophotometry and HPLC strategies for the estimation of Prinivil in (API) dynamic material, definitions and organic specimens are explored alone or in blend with different medications. High weight fluid chromatography HPLC strategies required costly gear, work serious specimen readiness strategy and the individual gifted in chromatographic methods [56-60]. The majority of the HPLC techniques checked on have the potential application to clinical examination of multi-medication pharmacokinetics, drug mix concentrates on furthermore for connections thinks about.
- Elias B, Alfeen A. Determination of Cefuroxime Axetil and Cefixime Trihydrate in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms by RP-HPLC Method. Pharm Anal Chem. 2016;2:114.
- Habib HII, Omar SK, Mohamed HS. Estimation of Rutin and Ascorbic Acid in Some Libyan Herbal Plants by RP-HPLC. Med Aromat Plants. 2016;5:255.
- Vadlamudi MK, Dhanaraj S. Stability Indicating Method for the Determination of Related Substances in Felodipine Solid Dosage Form and in the Drug Substance by RP-HPLC. J Bioequiv Availab. 2016;8:153-66.
- Mukthinuthalapati MA, Bukkapatnam V. A Novel Validated Stability- Indicating RP-HPLC Method for the Determination of Exemestane (Steroidal Aromatase Inhibitor). J Bioequiv Availab. 2015;7:288-92.
- Patel P, Patel P, Giram P. Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation for Latanoprost Quantification in Pharmaceutical Opthalmic Microemulsion Formulation by RP-HPLC. J Anal Bioanal Tech. 2015;6:284.
- Pawar HA, Yadav A. Development and Application of RP-HPLC Method for Dissolution Study of Oral Formulations Containing Amlodipine Besylate. Pharm Anal Acta. 2015;6:437.
- Ashutosh KS, Debnath M, Seshagiri RJVLN, et al. New Validated Stablity Indicating RP-HPLC Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Hydrochlorothiazide, Ramipril and Losartan in Human Plasma by Using PDA Detector. Pharm Anal Acta. 2015;6:438.
- Smeriglio A, Giovinazzo C, Trombetta D. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC-DAD Method to Quantify Hydroxytyrosol Content in a Semi-Solid Pharmaceutical Formulation. Med Chem. 2015;5:442-6.
- Ashutosh KS, Manidipa D, Seshagiri RJVLN, et al. New Validated Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin and Alogliptin in Human Plasma. J Chromatogr Sep Tech. 2015;6:293.
- Mullangi R, Gupta M, Dhiman V, et al. Validation of a RP-HPLC Method for the Quantitation of Vorinostat in Rat Plasma and its Application to a Pharmacokinetic Study. Pharm Anal Acta. 2015;6:396.
- Gurram CS. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of Atorvastatin, Fenofibrate and Ezetimibe in a Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Biochem Anal Biochem. 2015;4:177.
- Sriharsha J, Srinivasa Murthy M, Bharat Kumar D, et al. Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Dexlansoprazole and Meloxicam by RP-HPLC. Pharm Anal Acta. 2015;6:370.
- Tyagi A, Sharma N, Mittal K, et al. HPTLC-Densitometric and RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for Determination of Salbutamol Sulphate, Bromhexine Hydrochloride and Etofylline in Tablet Dosage Forms. Pharm Anal Acta. 2015;6:350.
- Zhang X, Liu J, Sun W, et al. Comparative Studies on Performance of CCC and Preparative RP-HPLC in Separation and Purification of Steroid Saponins from Dioscorea Zingiberensis C.H.Wright. J Steroids Hormon Sci. 2015;6:150.
- Lu Y, Tian L, He Y, et al. Development and Optimization of a RP-HPLC Method to Quantify Midazolam in Rat Plasma after Transdermal Administration: Validation and Application in Pharmacokinetic Study. Pharm Anal Acta. 2015;6:329.
- Hossain MF, Obi C, Shrestha A, et al. UV-Metric, pH-Metric and RP-HPLC Methods to Evaluate the Multiple pKa Values of a Polyprotic Basic Novel Antimalarial Drug Lead, Cyclen Bisquinoline. Mod Chem Appl. 2014;2:145.
- Sultana N, Saeed Arayne M, Shah SN. Development and Validation for the Simultaneous Quantification of Prazosin, Amlodipine, Diltiazem and Verapamil in API, Dosage Formulation and Human Serum by RP-HPLC: Application to in vitro Interaction Studies. Med Chem. 2014;4:770-7.
- Murthy TGK, Geethanjali J. Development of a Validated RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin Hydrochloride and Rosuvastatin Calcium in Bulk and In-House Formulation. J Chromatogr Sep Tech. 2014;5:252.
- Kumari KP, Sankar G, Sowjanya P, et al. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC method Development and Validation of Salicylic Acid in Choline Magnesium Trisalicilate (Trilisate) Tablets. J Pharma Care Health Sys. 2014;1:120.
- Qumbar M, Ameeduzzafar, Ali J, et al. DOEBased Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Determination of Lacidipine in Niosomal Gel in Rat: Pharmacokinetic Determination. Pharm Anal Acta. 2014;5:314.
- Rudraraju AV, Hossain MF, Shrestha A, et al. In vitro Metabolic Stability Study of New Cyclen Based Antimalarial Drug Leads Using RP-HPLC and LC-MS/MS. Mod Chem Appl. 2014;2:129.
- Saeed Arayne M, Shahnaz H, Ali A, et al. Monitoring of Pregabalin in Pharmaceutical Formulations and Human Serum Using UV and RPHPLC Techniques: Application to Dissolution Test Method. Pharm Anal Acta. 2014;5:287.
- Recep K, Emine T, Gökhan E. Dyeing Properties and Analysis by RP-HPLC-DAD of Silk Fabrics Dyed with Madder (Rubia tinctorum L.). J Textile Sci Eng. 2014;4:154.
- Paranthaman R, Kumaravel S. A Reversed-Phase High- Performance Liquid Chromatography (RP-HPLC) Determination of Pesticide Residues in Tender Coconut Water (elaneer/nariyal pani). J Chromatograph Separat Techniq. 2013;4:208.
- Bais S, Chandewar A, Popte I, et al. Method Development and Validation for Desogestrel and Ethinylestradiol in Combined Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Pharm Anal Acta. 2013;4:262.
- Sultan N, Naveed S, Arayne MS. RP-HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Captopril and H2-Receptor Antagonist: Application to Interaction Studies. Med Chem. 2013;3:183-7.
- Tengli AR, Gurupadayya BM, Soni N, et al. Method Development and Validation of Metformine, Pioglitazone and Glibenclamide in Tablet Dosage Form by using RP-HPLC. Biochem Anal Biochem. 2013;2:130.
- Bhatt KK, Patelia EM, Amin I. Development of a Validated Stability- Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Dronedarone Hydrochloride in Pharmaceutical Formulation. J Anal Bioanal Tech. 2013;4:161.
- Bhatt KK, Patelia EM, Mori A. Simultaneous Estimation of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine in Pharmaceutical Formulation by RP-HPLC Method. J Anal Bioanal Tech. 2013;4:159.
- Lu QY, Zhang L, Lugea A, et al. Determination of Rottlerin, in Pancreatic Cancer Cells and Mouse Xenografts by RP-HPLC Method. J Chromat Separation Techniq. 2012;4:162.
- Ahir KB, Patelia EM, Mehta FA. Simultaneous Estimation of Tramadol HCl, Paracetamol and Domperidone in Pharmaceutical Formulation by RP-HPLC Method. J Chromat Separation Techniq. 2012;3:152.
- Ali AAE, Taher M, Helaluddin ABM, et al. Development and Validation of Analytical Method by RP-HPLC for Quantification of Alpha- Mangostin Encapsulated in PLGA Microspheres. J Anal Bioanal Tech. 2012;3:155.
- Gnana Raja M, Geetha G, Sangaranarayanan A. Simultaneous, Stability Indicating Method Development and Validation for Related Compounds of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Tablets by RP-HPLC Method. J Chromat Separation Techniq. 2012;3:155.
- Patel MM, Patel DD. Simultaneous Estimation of Metoprolol Succinate and Olmesartan Medoxomil in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by RPHPLC. J Chromat Separation Techniq. 2012;3:151.
- Paranthaman R, Praveen Kumar P, Kumaravel S. GC-MS Analysis of Phytochemicals and Simultaneous Determination of Flavonoids in Amaranthus caudatus (Sirukeerai) by RP-HPLC. J Anal Bioanal Tech. 2012;3:147.
- Jagadeeswaran M, Gopal N, Pavan Kumar K, et al. Quantitative Estimation of Lopinavir and Ritonavir in Tablets by RP-HPLC Method. Pharmaceut Anal Acta. 2012;3:160.
- Kumbhar ST, Ingale KB, Choudhari PB, et al. Simultaneous Estimation of Fluoxetine and Norfluoxetine in Plasma by RP-HPLC Employing Pre-Column Derivatization for UV-Sensitivity Enhancement. J Bioequiv Availab. 2012;S14:008.
- Sultana N, Arayne MS, Naveed S. RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Determination of Captopril and Diuretics: Application in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Human Serum. J Chromatograph Separat Techniq. 2011;2:109.
- Subbaiah PR, Kumudhavalli MV, Saravanan C, et al. Method Development and Validation for estimation of Moxifloxacin HCl in tablet dosage form by RP-HPLC method. Pharm Anal Acta. 2010;1:109.
- Sonawane LV, Bari SB. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for The Simultaneous Estimation of Amoxicillin Trihydrate and Bromhexine Hydrochloride from Oily Suspension. Pharm Anal Acta. 2010;1:107.
- Lancaster SG, Todd PA. Lisinopril. A preliminary review of its pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties, and therapeutic use in hypertension and congestive heart failure. Drugs. 1988;35:646-69.
- Blaih SM, Abdine HH, El-Yazbi FA, et al. Spectrophotometric determination of enalapril maleate and ramipril in dosage forms. Spectrosc Lett. 2000;33:91-102.
- Kato T. Flow-injection spectrophotometric determination of enalapril in pharmaceuticals with bromothymol blue. Anal Chim Acta. 1985;175:339-44.
- Razen J, Senica D. Concentration of lisinopril purified by liquid chromatography-A comparison between reverse osmosis and evaporation. Acta Chim Slov. 2001;48:597-612.
- Leis HJ, Fauler G, Raspotnig G, et al. An improved method for the measurement of the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor lisinopril in human plasma by stable isotope dilution gas chromatography/negative ion chemical ionization mass spectrometry. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 1999;13:650-3.
- Leis HJ, Fauler G, Raspotnig G, et al. Quantitative determination of the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor lisinopril in human plasma by stable isotope dilution gas chromatography/negative ion chemical ionization mass spectrometry. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 1998;12:1591-4.
- Hillaret S, VandenBopscha W. Optimization of capillary electrophoretic separation of several inhibitors of the angiotensin-converting enzyme. J Chromatogr A. 2000;895:33-42.
- Ouyang J, Baeyens WR, Delanghe J, et al. Cerium (IV)-based chemiluminescence analysis of hydrochlorothiazide. Talanta. 1998;46:961-8.
- Yuan AS, Gilbert JD. Time-resolved fluoroimmunoassay for the determination of lisinopril and enalaprilat in human serum. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 1996;14:773-81.
- Iskender G, Yarenei B. A spectrophotometric method for the determination of lisinopril in tablets. Acta Pharm Turc. 1995;37:5-8.
- El-Yazbi FA, Abdine HH, Shaalan RA. Spectrophotometric and spectrofluorometric methods for the assay of lisinopril in single and multicomponent pharmaceutical dosage forms. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 1999;19:819-27.
- El-Emam AA, Hansen SH, Moustafa MA, et al. Determination of lisinopril in dosage forms and spiked human plasma through derivatization with 7-chloro-4-nitrobenzo-2-oxa-1,3-diazole (NBD-Cl) followed by spectrophotometry or HPLC with fluorimetric detection. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2004;34:35-44.
- Ozer D, Senel H. Determination of lisinopril from pharmaceutical preparations by derivative UV spectrophotometry. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 1999;21:691-5.
- Erk N. Combined study of the ratio spectra derivative spectrophotometry, derivative spectrophotometry and Vierordt’s method applied to the analysis of lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide in tablets. Spectrosc Lett. 1998;31:633-45.
- Melby LR, Harder RJ, Hertler WR, et al. Substituted Quinodimethans. II. Anion-radical Derivatives and Complexes of 7,7,8,8-Tetracyanoquinodimethan. J Am Chem Soc. 1962;84:3374-87.
- Paraskevas G, Atta-Politou J, Koupparis M. Spectrophotometric determination of lisinopril in tablets using 1-fluoro-2,4-dinitrobenzene reagent. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2002;29:865-72.
- Raza A, Ansari TM, Rehman AU. Spectrophotometric determination of lisinopril in pure and pharmaceutical formulations. J Chin Chem Soc. 2005;52:1055-9.
- Basavaiah K, Tharpa K, Hiriyanna SG, et al. Spectrophotometric determination of lisinopril in pharmaceuticals using ninhydrin-a modified approach. J Food Drug Anal. 2009;17:93-9.
- Rahman N, Siddiqui MR, Azmi SNH. Spectrophotometric determination of lisinopril in commercial dosage forms using N-bromosuccinimide and chloranil. Chem Anal (Warsaw). 2009;52:465-80.
- Shama SA, Amin AS, Omara H. Spectrophotometric Microdetermination of Some Antihypertensive Drugs in Pure Form and in Pharmaceutical Formulations. J Chil Chem Soc. 2011;56:566-70.